Air duct cleaning has been around for many years. There are many air duct cleaning methods and technologies evolved since the 20th century. Duct cleaning is important and keeps the sickness away from you and your family if they are allergic to dust and debris. You should not allow contaminants to affect the health of your family members. And for that, you have to consider air duct cleaning.
Duct cleaning is usually done by professionals but if you want to do it yourself, you should learn different types of air duct cleaning methods. This will help you in the deep study of air ducts to keep your environment safe and healthy.
AIR DUCT CLEANING METHODS
1. SOURCE REMOVAL
Source removal is one of the most recommended air duct cleaning methods. Dirt and debris accumulate in your air ducts over the passage of time. Source removal extracts the dirt that sticks to your air ducts and prevents many diseases like coughing nausea etc. Essential elements of source removal are mechanical agitation and extraction. Mechanical agitation loosens the particles from ducts and extraction removes the said particles.
2. STEAM AIR DUCT CLEANING
Steam air duct cleaning unlike other air duct cleaning methods uses a wand that creates high pressure and high temperature that loosens the air duct particles that are stuck to the vent walls.
But this is not recommended for modern HVAC systems as they use electric motors. Steam and moisture can bring damage to it.
3. TRUCK-MOUNTED VACUUM CLEANING
Truck-Mounted Vacuum cleaning uses a vacuum from a truck that is attached to the vent. Rotary brushes inserted into the vents to loosens the debris. While the Truck-Mounted duct cleaning technique has been used for many years by professionals but nowadays it is not being used as much.
4. POINT-OF-CONTACT DUCT CLEANING
Point-of-Contact duct cleaning is from the best and efficient air duct cleaning methods that loosen the debris and dirt without cross-contamination. It uses HEPA filters with an agitation device that simultaneously cleans the air ducts.
During the technology advancements, we keep on seeing the better and new air duct cleaning methods and techniques.
NADCA SUGGESTED AIR DUCT CLEANING METHODS
- Breaking contaminants loose: Loose contaminants will ease the process of cleaning. This process used agitation devices that loosen the contaminants and you can easily then clean the dirt.
- Collection of contaminants: For the collection of contaminants the whole HVAC system is placed under negative pressure. Negative pressure will help to collect even very fine particles.
- System access: Cleaning technicians need to access the whole system to clean it properly through various tools.
- Equipment requirements: There is a huge variety of cleaning tools by professionals. HVAC recommends both truck-mounted and portable tools to clean the ducts.
- Antimicrobial chemicals: These chemicals include sanitizers, deodorizers, and disinfectants to clean the non-porous surfaces. Only chemicals registered by US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) can be used.
KEEP YOUR INDOOR AIR QUALITY CLEAN AND SAFE
You can’t control the standard of the air you’re breathing while outside, but in your home, why accept dirty air? The quality of the oxygen you breathe is necessary for your body’s health. Symptoms of breathing sub-standard air normally include irritation with the eyes, nose, and throat, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue.
Unfortunately, pests also can find their way in your heating and cooling ducts, of course, if they finish up dying there or leave any droppings, there may be health issues. If you’re noticing an increase in the symptoms mentioned and haven’t had your ducts cleaned in a few times, then it’s time to get a thorough cleaning.
USE A PROFESSIONAL
If your air ducts were installed incorrectly, there’s a better chance of the duct passageways becoming contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, and other debris. If moisture occurs, the opportunity for mold significantly increases, and spores can be distributed over the home’s living area. Some of these spores could cause allergic responses or some other symptoms. The body’s immune response may cause mildly irritating to severe symptoms. Professionals use air duct cleaning methods that are appropriate to your type so that your ducts and vents lasts long.
OUR DUCT CLEANING PROCESS
We are sure each home receives similar quality service. We are clear around the process from start to finish.
Our duct cleaning service will supply:
- A system inspection before cleaning to make sure there are no asbestos materials.
- A thorough cleaning of the entire air duct system.
- Scrubbing of duct surfaces together with vacuum cleaning release and carry dust along with particles.
- Clean workspaces. Our employees are going to be sure your home is left just like clean since it was after they arrived.
- Sealing and re-insulating from access holes the supplier may have made or used to make sure they are airtight. It is one of the important air duct cleaning methods.
- Having this volume of cleaning makes sure that your ducts stay cleaner longer. Additionally, we have the experience, perseverance, and capability to prevent and repair any damages that could possibly be present in your air ducts. Schedule your duct cleaning today!
BEST DAYS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DUCT CLEANING
Yes, spring is a good time to have your air ducts cleaned. But what kinds of days are ideal for this job?
Rainy days — Rain confines pollens down or trees, and, sometimes, washes the offending particles entirely. A rainy day, when pollens aren’t floating over the air, is the perfect time for you to have your air ducts cleaned because fewer pollens will enter your property through your opened windows.
Cool temperatures — Hot, dry temperatures only make pollens worse. Check the forecast. If it predicts cooler temperatures, it could be a good idea to schedule an air duct cleaning.
End of spring — Anytime in spring is an effective time for duct cleaning, though the end of spring is right. Most plants are fully bloomed, meaning you will discover fewer pollens via a flight and fewer pollens to get into your house when your windows are open.
So, be it been a very extensive period since you last cleaned your air ducts, or perhaps a few years, utilize this optimal time for cleaning. You’ll have reassurance knowing your HVAC technique is clean and efficient.